If you are a business owner, one of the most important investments you can make to safeguard your business is to purchase business insurance. There are several types of business insurance that are beneficial for business owners, and although you do not have to purchase every type of business insurance available to you, the more comprehensive your business insurance policy is, the more secure your business is going to be. When making the decision on which types of business insurance are going to be right for you, it is extremely helpful to talk to an insurance company that knows the ins and outs of business insurance, including insurance regulations that are specific to your state.
Some of the major types of business insurance that you will want to consider, or may be required to have, include:
- General Liability Insurance to cover lawsuits and any requirement of payment for slander, negligence, or medical expenses.
- Product Liability Insurance, which would come in handy if you manufacture a product that unknowingly causes harm and results in a lawsuit.
- Owners Disability Insurance and a Owners Health Policy. A health policy specified for the owner can cover medical expenses, while the Owners Disability Insurance can cover your business financially if you have to be out for a time due to medical reasons.
- Property Insurance can be as comprehensive as you would like, but obviously the more comprehensive the better. This business insurance covers your commercial
property and its’ contents in case of fire, flooding, crime and more.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance covers you as the owner if one of your employees is injured on the job. Many states require this type of business insurance.
- Business Automobile Insurance will ensure that you have loss or injury coverage if there is an accident or incident with a vehicle that you use to conduct official business.
There are plenty of business insurance options available, and all of the options can be confusing or overwhelming. If you are in need of business insurance, the insurance professionals at Insurance Service Center in Fayetteville, Sanford, Lumberton, Apex, Clinton and Lillington in North Carolina can help you make sense of it all. Over 1,000 local businesses trust us with their business insurance policies. Let us give you a quote on business insurance today by calling us at 1(800) 859-2787.